Lovely. It's been years since this happened, like, since Isaac walked out on me, and blam, it's back.
I can think of things I'd rather deal with.
No fat, bland diet, here we come.
Ian left the house at 7:05 this morning. Doesn't need to leave til about 7:25 to get to school by 7:30, since we live two blocks from the school. Breakfast is served at 7:30, classes begin at 8:05.
At 7:20 my phone rings. Ma, I left my jar of bugs for science class at home, bring it to me.
My reply: You're SOL kid, better run.
This may seem kind of hardcase to y'all, after all, it's two minutes of my life. But the problem is that this is a habit for Ian, and Sam and I laid down the law to him last time this happened and told him if he didn't make sure he had everything he needed when he left the house in the morning, he would either have to do without (and possible get a lower grade as a result) or trot on home and get whatever it was.
He walked into the house, slamming the door and speaking surlily (is that a word?) to his father and me, and got himself a five day grounding for attitude.
Sorry kid, but failure to plan on your part no longer constitutes an emergency on my part.
1. Where's your number one on your top 8?
I assume that's a MySpace question. Humanwise, Sam is always my number one!
2. What is your favorite possession?
3. Do you own a gun?
4. If you could tell your last ex something what would you say?
Don't traumatize those ones like you did mine.
5. Do you get nervous before doctors appointments?
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
Ketchup, mustard, relish, and onions, for the win!
7. What's your favorite Christmas song?
Nothing But A Child, by Steve Earl
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Coffee or Coke Zero
9. Can you do push ups?
It is to laugh!
10. Is your bathroom clean?
Yes, cleaned it yesterday
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
My wedding ring, followed closely by my garnet tennis bracelet Amy gave me for Mother's Day this year. It's lovely!
12. Do you take painkillers?
Every day. Twice on Sundays.
13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Well, with Sam it was some nekkid pics of me.
14. Do you have A.D.D.?
15. Still have a birthmark?
16. What are you doing tonight?
Putting up the Christmas tree
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
Amy sure is interesting. Wish Sam wouldn't snore so loud. Wow, it's cold in here!
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought?
Prelit Christmas tree, star for said tree, cigarettes
19. Name 3 things you drink regularly:
Coffee. Water. Coke Zero.
20. Are you on a diet?
Diabetic diet. Doing well, too.
21. Who's number one on your top 8?
Didn't we do this one already? Sam is my number one human. God is my absolute numero uno.
22. Current worry:
Sam getting the grading done.
23. Current hate:
24.Favorite place to be:
In my bed under the covers cuddling the dog and the husband.
25. How did you bring in the New Year?
We stay home, munch out, and drink Martinelli's sparkling cider with the boys.
26. Where would you like to go?
Back east to see Bonnie and the grandgirls and my sister.
27. Why do you wanna go there?
28. What shirt are you wearing?
Hot pink tee shirt
29. What is your current relationship status?
30. Favorite color(s)?
Cobalt blue, ruby red
31. Would you be a pirate?
32. Are you gay?
33. Do you sing in the shower?
34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
The giant cricket in my closet. The knife wielding man under the bed.
35. What's in your pockets right now?
No pockets in these pants!
36. What are you going to do after this?
Flog the kids through chores, showers, and homework
37. Who do you want to be with right now?
38. Worst injury you've ever had?
That would be the 300+ stitches to my forehead when I was 17
39. Best feeling in the world?
Sam scratching my back
40. Worst feeling in the world?
41. Who is your loudest friend?
42. Who is your quietest friend?
43. Does someone have a crush on you?
44 Do you wish on shooting stars?
45. What is your favorite food?
Tough one! Right now I would kill for a samosa!
46. What is your favorite candy?
Swedish Fish, Reese's cups
47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding?
Paul Stookey's Wedding Song. Amy and Kris did it, and it was just.. sublime.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral?
49. What were you doing @ 12 AM last night?
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?
I have not had enough sleep.