1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Joined the Methodist Church
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do resolutions
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
An LJ friend did! Welcome to the world, Wednesday!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Jen Koplitz and Robin Hilp, both net friends of many years. I miss them.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 28, Sam was baptized.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Continual allergy issues. A horrible cyst that required lancing and turned out to be full of strep infection.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Amy gave me the most beautiful opal pendant.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Amy! She finished high school about 8 months early!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, food, utilities
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The kids coming home
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Big Girl You Are Beautiful by Mika.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Way happier
b) fatter or skinner? Same
c) richer or poorer? Same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
We spent it at home as a family
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fall in love every day with Sam
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Quoting from micheinnz, who turned me on to it: David Byrne and Brian Eno's collaboration _Everything That Happens Will Happen Today_ was pretty crash hot.
27. What did you want and get?
The boys back home.
28. What did you want and not get?
A winning lottery ticket? I s'pose if I really wanted one I would have bought one, though.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I hit 44, and spent it crying over Jen Koplitz's death.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Is it clean? I shall wear it!
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election, duh.
36. Who do you miss?
My sister and my uncle.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Kris and Tori and my pastor, Rocky0
38. What was the best thing you ate?
Had tiramisu for the first time in over ten years. Mmmmm.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008?
Community is vital to a happy existence.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Long have I waited for your coming home to me
And living deeply our new life.